Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Miss Becky Palmer - 1st Grade




 
My first year of teaching began in 1996 when I was hired as a first grade teacher. I've taught kindergarten through second grade since then- a major surprise because I always thought I'd be in the upper elementary grades. I love what I do and enjoy welcoming kids into a learning environment. My goal has always been to support kids in becoming more independent thinkers, doers, and finding joy in what they do everyday.

Banyan has always been a pretty special place to work. I have had amazing people to work with- all so gifted in their own unique ways. Does anyone remember Mrs.Sterling, Mrs. Argenti, or Mr. Schoenhofen? These teachers were all part of my early days of teaching whom I love and adore. The teachers and staff continue to strive to work together and provide kids with the skills they need to do well in thinking. I'm glad to be a part of that and hope I've made a difference in some small way.

Outside of school, I love to play volleyball, spend time on my family's farm, fishing, playing cards, and enjoying time with friends and family. If I'm able, I love to travel! You can learn so much when you get away for a while. I love meeting and listening to people share their stories. There is so much fun in hanging around good people!

In thinking about long ago when I was in first grade, I was so, so shy. Perhaps that's one of the reasons I try to make kids less shy when they are in my class. I started reading in kindergarten and always had a vivid imagination. I still have crazy dreams - if you've ever heard me tell about one, you would agree!

Well, that's enough about me. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment