Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Mr. Ken Holland - 3rd Grade




My name is Ken Holland.  I have been married to Ruth for almost 15 years.  I lived in New York, California, Oklahoma, New York (again), North Carolina, and Missouri before I even got to 6th grade!

I went to school at the University of Missouri – Columbia and California Lutheran University.  I received my Masters in Education from CLU in 2002.

I’ve been teaching at Banyan for 17 years which is my entire career.  I’ve taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.

My 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Coats, was my favorite teacher.  I had just moved to town, and she helped me feel at home in my new school.

I love having my students say good morning to me!  It starts my day out in a great way.

My favorite PTA activity is Family Science Night.

When I’m not teaching, I like to play games on my computer, read the Bible, and sing in my men’s choir.

Favorite food – sukiyaki
Favorite color – purple
Favorite vacation spot – Yosemite National Park

First year teaching at Banyan

No comments:

Post a Comment